- Sanger Sequencing for Plasmid segments or PCR products
- Oxford Nanopore Sequencing for Whole Plasmids
- Purification prior to sequencing services
- Individual tubes or 96-well plates
- Daily pickup Sunday-Thursday (from most institutions)
- Sanger Read length of 1,050 bases
- Free re-sequencing of tubes (with Macrogen’s approval)
- Submit unique primers, or use Macrogen’s in-stock universal primers
How to Order:
Step 1: Go to the Macrogen website, and create a new Macrogen Customer Account. Click here to view a Guide for Creating a Macrogen Customer Account.
*Please note that to order Macrogen Sequencing Services, you need to create a customer account on the Macrogen website, even if you have have a Syntezza customer account. Sanger Sequencing orders must be submitted on the Macrogen website using a Macrogen Customer Account.
Step 2: When your samples are ready for sequencing, login to your customer account on the Macrogen website and place your order. Here is a Guide for Entering Sanger Sequencing Orders on the Macrogen website.
Note: All services for customers in Israel should be ordered with Express turnaround
See here for the requirements of sample preparation, also shown briefly below.
To order 1 primer/1 plate sequencing, there is a template directly on the Macrogen Website.
Click here to download an Excel template to order multiple primers/1 plate sequencing.
*Please note that Syntezza will invoice you for your orders at the end of each month.
Step 3: A Syntezza driver will pick-up your samples.
When you submit an order on the Macrogen website, Syntezza is notified. You do not need to contact us for pick-up. View our Pick-up Schedule.
Save time and money by using our advanced Eco-Seq or EZ-Seq labels to place your order. Once you have purchased Eco or EZ labels, instead of placing individual orders on the Macrogen website, simply let our offices know each time you have samples ready for pick-up. Contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02-586-7138 ext. 3 (Rivka).
Whole Plasmid Sequencing with Oxford Nanopore
- Single plasmid: 170 NIS
- Two plasmids: 300 NIS
- Three plasmids: 400 NIS
PCR product Sanger sequencing (Tubes & Plates)
Tubes (TAT 48 hours)
- 30 NIS/samples
Plates (TAT 3-5 work days)
- 1 primer/1 plate: 1,300 NIS
- Multiple* primers/1 plate: 1,800 NIS
*Maximum of 6 primers
Sanger Sequencing with Labels (TAT 48 hours)
- Eco-seq labels: Minimum of 50 labels for 1,100 NIS (or 22 NIS/reaction)
- Eco-seq labels sequencing plus purification: Minimum of 50 labels for 1,200 NIS (or 24 NIS/ reaction)
- Eco-seq 96-well Plate: Minimum of 2 plate labels for 1,500 NIS/label
- Eco-seq 96-well Plate sequencing plus purification: Minimum of 2 plate labels for 1,600 NIS/label
- EZ-seq labels: Minimum of 50 labels for 1,100 NIS (or 22 NIS/reaction)
- EZ-seq 96-well Plate: Minimum of 2 plate labels for 1,500 NIS/label
*Eco-seq plates have a maximum of 4 primers.
*Please note that purification adds 24 hours to the TAT.
Extra Services (TAT 3-5 work days)
- Difficult Sequencing: 42 NIS/sample
- Primer Synthesis: 3.8 NIS per base
- 16s rRNA, ITS region or 18S rRNA: 280 per reaction
- Plasmid/PCR product Purification: 10 NIS/sample
- PCR Gel Extraction: 19 NIS/sample
- 96-well Plate Purification: 380 NIS/plate
- Fragment Analysis: 15.2 NIS/reaction or 950 NIS/plate
*Please note that a minimum of 20 uL is required for purification services. Macrogen performs filter purification, but they can perform purification by Exo-sap (chemical purification), upon the customer’s request.
Basic Requirements for Sample Preparation:
3-4 KB plasmid: 100-150ng/ul
Over 15KB, use Oxford Nanopore Sequencing of whole plasmid.
*Minimum volume of 20µl
Purified PCR products
– Over 700bp: higher than 50ng/ul
– 300bp~700bp: 25-50ng/ul
– Less than 300bp: 10-15ng/µl
Unpurified PCR products
Volume: at least 20µl
– Over 700bp: higher than 70ng/µl
– 300bp~700bp: 50ng/µl
– Less than 300bp: 20-25ng/µl
Primer concentration: 5-10 pmole/ul, and please always inform Macrogen of the size of the template. *A list of universal primers kept in-house at Macrogen can be found here.
*Following a quick check by Nanodrop, the sample concentration must be confirmed by gel electrophoresis.
Download our complete guide How to Prepare Samples for Macrogen Sanger Sequencing
- The concentration of my sample is not high enough, what should I do?
If your concentration is somewhat close to what is required, then you can send a larger volume than what is recommended. However, please write on your order form that you included a slightly lower concentration of sample.
Also, please note that Macrogen only performs re-sequencing if they feel that the low quality of the results was due to their own technical errors. Please see Macrogen’s troubleshooting guide for a list of sequencing failures that do not quality for free re-sequencing.
- I want my sample to be sequenced by multiple primers. Do I still need to send in only 20 microliters?
Macrogen uses about 5 microliters of sample DNA per reaction. However, it is always better to send more than required. For example, if your order requires 25 microliters of reaction, try to send at least 30 microliters, if not more.
- Are there any limits to using multiple primers for a 96-well plate?
The 1 primer/1 plate service requires that all samples in the 96-well plate are to be sequenced with the same primer. Multiple primers/1 plate service allows for up to 6 primers per plate. However, this service stipulates that individual wells be sequenced with only 1 primer. If the DNA in an individual well is to be sequenced with multiple primers, each sequencing reaction incurs a charge for a single plate sequencing service.
For technical assistance, contact email@example.com or call 02-586-7138 ext. 5.